This is a pretty postcard of the Apothecary Hall.
The three-story building was destroyed by a Christmas fire in 1895, when real candles were used to decorate the tree. 🎄
The only items saved were a few books.
The owners received a fair claim having had the building insured with the same company for 50 years prior.
They later sold in 1913 after rebuilding a new two-story structure and Mr. A.H. Riise moved back to Denmark.
Today, it’s an important, historic landmark on Main Street.
Follow Our Blog!